There are so many valuable ingredients in Manuka Honey! Thank goodness because we all love to eat baked goods! Why sacrifice your guilty pleasure when you can replace sugar with honey? Manuka Honey is a perfect substitute for common sugars and sweeteners.
Below is a chart that will help you when you are baking. But first allow for the following:
- Use a ¾ cup of Manuka Honey to replace 1 cup of sugar.
- Add ¼ tsp of baking soda for each cup of sugar replaced.
- If you are using more than 1 cup of honey, reduce liquid by ¼ cup per cup of honey. Honey tends to hold in more moisture than sugar.
- Baked goods made with Manuka Honey will cook faster in the oven. Lower the oven temperature by about 25°F to prevent browning. So, if your recipe calls for 350°F lower to 325°F.
- 2 Cups sugar = 1 1/4 Cup Manuka Honey
- 1 cup sugar = 3/4 cup Manuka Honey
- ¾ cup sugar = 2/3 cup Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup sugar = 1/3 cup Manuka Honey
- 1/3 cup sugar = 4 tbsp Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup sugar = 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Manuka Honey
- 1 Tbsp sugar = 3/4 tbsp Manuka Honey
- 1 tsp sugar = 3/4 tsp Manuka Honey
Notes: When using honey decrease liquid by 2-4 tbsp.
Add ¼ tsp of baking soda for each cup of sugar replaced.
Happy and healthy baking!