This delicious Banana and Honey Cake is made with the tasty New Zealand Multiflora Honey.
- 4 oz butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Multiflora Honey
- ½ cup natural unsweetened yogurt
- 2 ½ cups of high grade flour
- Preheat the oven to 356 F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a cake tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar and honey until white and creamy, and add the eggs, one at a time. Fold the mashed bananas into the mixture gently, with a spoon, until only just incorporated. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold the flour mixture gently into the banana mixture, and stir in the yogurt until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour. Cool the cake in the tin for 15 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Serve at room temperature with some mascarpone cream.
Based on a recipe from: Arataki Honey