What’s summer without ice cream? Whether chocolate,or pretzel/candy-coated chocolate pieces/peanut butter cup, you can rest assured this Homemade Honey Ice Cream recipe will be delicious.
Yield: 1 quart
- 4 large – egg yolks
- 2/3 cup – Manuka Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon – Pacific Sea Salt
- 3 cups – half-and-half or dairy mix*
- Optional infusions, add-ins or swirls see below
- Whisk together eggs, honey, and salt in medium bowl. In medium saucepan, bring half-and-half to a full simmer with any infusions. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until completely cool.
- Process custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions; add soft ingredients such as 1/2 cup sliced bananas or raspberries half way through freezing, or chunky ingredients like nuts or candy during the last 2 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl or tub, add any desired swirls and serve, or cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
- Add-ins: Half way through the churning add up to 1 cup of fruit. Or, during the last 2 to 5 minutes add 1/2 cup nuts, bits of pure honey comb or chocolate bits.
Based on a recipe from: National Honey Board