Honeydew Honey from New Zealand is dark in color, with a similar taste to golden syrup or treacle. This runny honey does not crystallize in cooler temperatures and is delicious with plain yogurt, on toast, in drinks. So we thought we would try this with our favorite bread pudding recipe. We included our wildly popular Salted Manuka Honey Caramels in a sauce to top it off!
- 6 slices buttered egg bread, torn into 1inch squares with the crust
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. HoneyDew Honey
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ tsp Fine Pacific Sea Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Melted Salted Manuka Honey Caramels
- Pecans or nuts for serving
Preheat the oven to 350° degrees and grease a 9inch glass pie dish. Whisk together the milk and eggs, then add the bread pieces and turn to coat them evenly. Leave the bread to soak for 15 to 20 minutes, turning over once or twice.
In a bowl, combine the HoneyDew Honey and the hot water. Stir until the mixture is evenly blended. Add in the cinnamon, vanilla, raisins and Fine Pacific Sea Salt, drizzle the mixture over and around the bread mix. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Melt the Salted Manuka Honey Caramels with a little milk, pour over the bread pudding. Serve warm with Vanilla ice cream and pecans. Enjoy!