Start your day off with a delicious breakfast. The Bacon Cheddar Avocado Sandwich with Honey recipe will brighten up your morning and help fuel you for the day ahead.
- 4 – Wheat bagels, split open
- 4 tablespoons – Honeydew New Zealand Honey
- 1 cup – shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pieces – crisp cooked bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 – large avocado
- 2 teaspoons – lemon juice
- Fine Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Peel and pit the avocado into a small bowl and lightly mash with the honey, lemon, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place bagel halves on a sheet pan and drizzle with the honey. Evenly divide the cheese between the bagels and top with the bacon. Cook the bagels until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the bagels from the oven and serve with a spoonful of avocado on each half.
Based on a recipe from: National Honey Board