The holidays are among us! You can substitute honey to all your favorite holiday dishes. This delicious Manuka Honey Bourbon Glazed Ham recipe makes the perfect main dish for your holiday dinner party.
- 1 (9 1/4-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 40 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard
- 1/3 cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 1 inch apart in a diamond pattern; insert cloves in centers of diamonds. Place ham in an aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
2. Stir together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; spoon over ham.
3. Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Shield ham with foil after 1 hour to prevent excessive browning. Remove ham from oven, and let stand 30 minutes.
TRY THIS TWIST!
Honey-Bourbon Boneless Glazed Ham: Substitute 1 (4-lb.) smoked, fully cooked boneless ham for bone-in. Reduce cloves to 3 (do not insert into ham). Stir together brown sugar mixture as directed in Step 2; stir in cloves. Place ham in a foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour sauce over ham. Bake as directed, reducing bake time to 1 hour and basting every 30 minutes. Makes 10 servings. Hands-on time: 10 min.; Total time: 1 hr., 10 min.
Based on a recipe from Southern Living