Apple Pie with a sweet twist. Try this classic Roasted Apple Pie recipe with delicious Manuka Honey. Bake with honey this holiday season, it’s a healthier alternative to sugar!
- 3 lb Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (8 cups)
- 1/3 cup Manuka Honey
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box of refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 tablespoons honey, if desired
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix apples, 1/3 cup honey, the flour and cinnamon, tossing to coat.
- Place 1 pie crust in 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate as directed on box. Spoon apple mixture into crust, mounding in center. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut 4 slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. Place pie plate on cookie sheet.
- Bake on lowest oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Brush with 2 tablespoons honey. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 4 hours.
Based on a recipe from: BettyCrocker.com