Delicious Fall Recipe to enjoy this season. Try the delicious Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Crostini with Whipped Feta and Honey recipe drizzled with Manuka Honey.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 – baguette, sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick (about 24 pieces)
- 1 pound – butternut squash , cubed (1/2-inch cubes)
- 8 ounces – feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup – whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon – ground black pepper
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup – fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Manuka Honey, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees spray two rimmed baking pans with cooking spray. Place baguette slices on one prepared pan; lightly spray with cooking spray. Place squash on other prepared pan; lightly spray with cooking spray. Transfer both pans to oven; bake bread 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp (turning once), and squash 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender (stirring once). Allow bread and squash to cool before assembling crostini.
Meanwhile, place feta, cream cheese and pepper in bowl of food processor fitted with knife blade attachment. Process 3 to 5 minutes or until very smooth; scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
To serve, spread each piece of toasted bread with 2 teaspoons whipped feta. Divide roasted squash and pomegranate arils over feta. Sprinkle with mint and drizzle with honey; serve immediately.
Based on a Recipe from the National Honey Board.