Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we have the perfect honey recipe that will make your Thanksgiving turkey dinner extra special this year. Try this delicious Honey Cornbread Stuffing recipe with PRI’s Multiflora Honey!
- 4 cups – day-old Honey Cornbread
- 1 (4 oz.) – Italian sausage
- 1 cup – chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup – minced onion
- 1/2 cup – chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon – minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon – dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon – Bio-Gro Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup – chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons – Multiflora Honey
- In large bowl, place crumbled cornbread.
- Remove sausage from casing. In medium skillet, crumble and sauté sausage until brown. Using slotted spoon, remove sausage from skillet and add to cornbread.
- Drain all but 1 Tablespoon of fat. Return skillet to medium-high heat; stir in bell pepper, onion and celery. Sauté until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, thyme, Bio-Gro Fine Sea Salt and pepper. Cool slightly, then add to cornbread.
- In small bowl, combine broth and Multiflora Honey. Pour over stuffing.
- Place stuffing in a greased 9×9-inch baking dish. Cover dish with foil and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until stuffing is lightly browned.
*As an alternative, you may pack stuffing into poultry cavity before roasting.
Based on a recipe from: National Honey Board